A few announcements:
1) The grace period to pay 2017 dues is ending. If you haven’t paid your 2017 dues, you will no longer be a member of the La Crosse Rifle Club.
2) The new building has heat! To turn it on, there is a timer switch to the right of the main entry door. Please remember to turn off ALL lights (especially outdoor lights!) and the furnace when you’re finished using the building. The furnace timer was installed to mitigate anyone forgetting to turn it off.
3) We’re looking at additional work days to finish the interior trim on Saturday and/or Sunday January 14 & 15. We’ll need an air compressor and finish nailer to complete this work. If you have those and can help, please use the Contact Us form.
4) Update on .22 fun-shoot/winter league from Jon Welda
We will start our .22 rifle fun-shooting on Thursday 19 January at 7pm. Jon will be there at 6pm or earlier. This is informal for now. I will try to put you in a class based on your Rifle. Example a 1022 will be Hunter class. A heavy target Rifle will be in unlimited ect. I will try to make it as fair as possible. We will shoot 10 targets over ten weeks. If you want to get ahead you can shoot more. Or make up a missed night, you can. As of now I have three different positions to shoot from: Offhand/standing, prone or bench.
There will be a box in the club house to put targets in. You can shoot anytime weekends or whenever. There will be a fee for targets and the heat. I will let you know when we get closer to the match. Any questions email or call Jon Welda.
5) The Board is meeting this Wednesday, January 11th to discuss a variety of items.
6) Club winter social will be held at Schmitty’s on Saturday, February 4th. 6:00 drinks, 7:00 dinner. Please RSVP to Bill Q if you plan on attending.
7) Polar Bear match will be held on Sunday, February 5th beginning at 11:00am. You’re welcome to bring a dish to pass and something for a door prize (not required of course!). Bring your rifle, black powder or pistol to compete.
A few quick announcements:
The November meeting will begin at 7:00pm, tomorrow night, November 2nd.
(Yes, we know this is not in compliance with the daylight savings schedule. It was incorrectly communicated in a previous e-mail that the meeting would start at 7:00 – so that’s what we’re sticking with.)
Hunter Sight-In is this weekend, Saturday and Sunday (Nov. 5 & 6), from 9:00am to 3:00pm. $5/gun.
Contact Bill Q. if you are planning on helping out to staff the shooting line.
Work Days. Progress continues on the building project. Next objective is to finish the interior insulation and sheeting by the end of this weekend. Much of the insulation work can be done on your own if you have some time to spare. Otherwise, work will be done during this hunter sight-in weekend. Tools needed if working with insulation: mask, gloves, tape measure, cutting device. Tools needed if working on sheeting: gloves, eye protection, tape measure, pencil/sharpie, saws, impact drivers w/ Torx (T-25) bit. A sawsall and jig saw would be handy for cutting around windows and outlets.
We had a great, productive work day today on the building project! THANK YOU to everyone that was able to lend a hand. We had a great crew today.
The work is scheduled to continue this coming Tuesday (10/18) evening starting at 5:00pm. We have lighting so we can work on the interior after dark.
Additionally, this coming Saturday (10/22) – starting at Noon – we’ll continue to wrap up the exterior sofit and fascia as well as the interior sheeting and insulation.
Tools needed: ladders, table saw, air nailer, cordless driver, tape measure, pencil.
For handling the insulation you may want: long sleeve shirt, gloves, face mask, box cutter/knife
This Wednesday, October 5th at 8:00 pm, we will hold our monthly club meeting. This is the last meeting of the year at this time. Starting November we’ll move to 7:00 pm.
The building project is coming along nicely. Click here to see a progress photo.
We could use your help on Wednesday before the club meeting to finish the sofit and fascia. Ideally, we need 3-4 crews to complete it in one evening. Work to begin at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, 10/5. A portable table saw would be very helpful as well as your own ladder. Bring gloves as well because this stuff can be sharp!
Another work day has been added to help complete the building project. THIS SATURDAY, September 17th, starting at 8:00am.
Goal is to complete the siding and begin work on the sofit and fascia.
Ladders will be needed!
If you happen to have a portable table saw, that would be very much appreciated for the siding work.
Other tools that are helpful: pencil/sharpie/marking device, level, cordless driver/drill, tape measure.
We could REALLY use your help to complete this project. There has been a very small turnout for help the last couple of work days. If you can spare some time this Saturday, it will be very much appreciated.
Click here to view how its shaping up!