SERVICE RIFLE MATCH – 200 Yards – 50 Rounds
As-Issued Service Rifles: Vintage / Springfield /M1 Garand / M1A / AR-15 / AR-15 Open Category for the new Modern AR’s and or Optics.
Saturday October 6th, 2018
Entry Fees: $ 10.00
Arrive at Range: at 9:00 a.m. for Check in & Squading.
Firing Starts: 10:00 a.m.
Competition Open To the Public: Any eligible competitor, you need not be a member of the NRA, CMP or the sponsoring club.
Course of Fire: CMP As-Issued Course B
Rules: CMP Rules but this is NOT a CMP Sanctioned Match.
I’m sorry to report that Larry Clark passed away on Wednesday. Information on arrangements can be found at the link below.
Gun Deer Season 2017 – Coulee Region Place to Shoot
November 4th & 5th, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Covered Firing Points or shoot from inside the new building.
Gunsmiths and Competitive Shooters to help with sight in.
Come out and help support the LaCrosse Rifle Club. Our members are active in training and education programs thru gun safety and education classes, the shooting sports and promoting pro-gun legislation and education in Wisconsin.
$5.00 Donation Per Firearm – Includes:
- Targets, Benches, Rests & Ear Plugs.
- Sight In from 50 to 300 Yards.
- Controlled safe environment.
- Qualified Staff to analyze and help.
- Combined knowledge/experience of 200+ years.
For all the reasons below, you should take your gun out and shot it before the big day. Accuracy and point of impact could be affected from year to year. Where you sight in is up to you but it is best to do it early enough so if something needs fixing there is time to get it done.
The first shot thru a perfectly clean/oiled barrel will shoot low.
Different brands/loads/lots of ammo may shoot better groups or different points of impact.
Scopes can go bad; get bumped, screws come loose and springs can weaken.
Wood can warp and crack over time, push on barrel, change point of impact.
For questions, contact us thru the LaCrosse Rifle Club web page.
GOOD LUCK THIS COMING HUNTING SEASON!
A few announcements from last night’s club meeting.
1. ALL RANGES WILL BE CLOSED this Sunday, September 10 from 9:00am-3:00pm to host the sporting clays club championship. Please plan accordingly.
– Everyone is welcome to participate in the shoot or the pot-luck dinner.
2. By unanimous vote, old club .22 target rifles will be sold by auction. Further details to come.
3. Jay Johnson is looking for 2 volunteers to help assemble doors for the shooting building at his place. Please contact him to coordinate.
4. End-of-year trap-shooting party scheduled for Wednesday, September 20th. Contact Walt for more information.
5. Tickets for the Friends of the NRA banquet on Saturday, September 16th are available through Dennis Fater.